First impression & expert Janet Parnes is on a mission: equip children, teens and college students so that they can maximize the opportunities and handle the conundrums that come with growing up!
Whether we are talking about a board game, table manners, or interviewing, playing by the rules shows that we are respectful, confident, etc. Janet L. Parnes’ etiquette workshops teach life skills that develop and display these qualities; students learn how to create an impression that conveys their natural dignity. As a result they
- Replace awkwardness with natural poise
- Increase their chances of a place on an interviewer’s "Short List"
- Realize they have the power to choose the way they treat others and, thus, influence the way others treat them
Janet realizes that a “lecture on how to hold the fork” is not the way to stoke a young person’s interest. As such, in addition to role play, she spices her hands-on workshops with creative flavors that include age-appropriate games, intriguing historical trivia, and breath-catching tales of real–life rudeness. She digs beneath the mechanics of manners with discussions on their underlying reasoning addressing the question, “What’s in this for me?” Janet’s infectious enthusiasm and natural empathy persuade even reluctant students to participate. This combination of ingredients creates workshops that sizzle!
Clients include the following:
- John F.Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum
- Dean College
- Nichols College
- Women in Science and Enterprise
- Taiwanese Youth Chamber of Commerce, New England
- Taiwanese American Professionals
- Assabet Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Dain/Torpy P.C.
- Tri Town Chamber of Commerce
- MetroWest Chamber of Commerce
- Longfellow’s Wayside Inn
- Nichols House Museum
- John Andrew Mazie Memorial Foundation (teen mentoring program)
- Minuteman High School
- Tobin Beaudet School
- The Sage School
- The Riverview School
- Perkins School for the Blind
- Green Meadow After-School, Maynard
- Morse Institute Library
- Oakham Library
- Watertown Community Education
- Dover-Sherborn Community Education
- Park & Recreation Department in Wellesley, Millis, Holliston, Sudbury, Westwood, Sharon and Weston
- Marcus Lewis Day Camp
- Numerous Girl Scout/Brownie Troops